Project RED: Module 2: The Re-Designed Discharge Process: Patient Admission and Care and Treatment Education: Slide 18
Identify the Patient
- Who will notify the DA of the patient's admission?
- How is the DA notified?
- DA should be notified within 12 hours to be able to see patient within 24 hours of admission
Once the patient has been tagged as a potential Project RED patient, the DA must be notified so that he or she can see the patient within 24 hours.
Your team needs to answer these questions:
- Who will inform the DA that a new patient has been admitted who may be eligible for the Project RED intervention?
- How will the DA be notified? By phone, pager, or e-mail?
- Where will notification be noted?
We suggest you to track the time it takes to notify the DA using the Discharge Advocate's Data Collection Tool so you can evaluate how well the process worked.