Project RED: Module 2: The Re-Designed Discharge Process: Patient Admission and Care and Treatment Education: Slide 23
Daily Work of the DA
- Review progress and nursing notes
- Clarify any concerns with health care team
- Visit the patient
- Review treatment plan (as related to discharge)
- Begin educating as appropriate (condition, medications)
- Discuss patient's concerns re: discharge
- Continue development of care plan
Each day, the DA:
- Reviews the patient's progress.
- Talks with members of the patient's health care team.
- Reviews written notes.
- Participates in rounds.
- Clarifies concerns, including those expressed by the patient.
- Speaks up about any concerns.
- Visits the patient to review discharge plans and educate the patient about self-care activities, including medications and symptoms that would need attention.
- Populates the Patient Care Plan with discharge information as it becomes known.