Project RED: Module 2: The Re-Designed Discharge Process: Patient Admission and Care and Treatment Education: Slide 41
Gathering Care Plan Content
- Start the Patient Care Plan on admission and add to it daily
- Secure education material about the patient's primary condition
- Begin medication section, based on daily discussions with medical team
- Begin post-discharge services section
- Identify PCP and add name to care plan
Because the DA begins creating the Patient Care Plan begins on the day of admission and adds to it every day, the DA will need to know where to get the patient data to populate the care plan. The DA will add final content to the care plan after the discharge order is written and all post-discharge expectations are known.