Project RED: Module 2: The Re-Designed Discharge Process: Patient Admission and Care and Treatment Education: Slide 43
Progression to Module 3 Checklist
Before going to Module 3, determine the:
- Metrics you will use to assess impact
- Process for identifying candidate patients and notifying DA
- Secondary screening criteria for including patient
- Process for multidisciplinary rounds and/or updates on targeted patients
- Process for accessing Patient Care Plan
Before moving to Module 3, determine:
- Which metrics you will use to assess the project's impact.
- Which logs or other materials you will use.
- Who will oversee the measurement.
- How frontline staff will know that a newly admitted patient may be part of the project's targeted population and how frontline staff can reach the DA.
- What secondary screening criteria the DA will use to finalize inclusion of the patient in the targeted population. How you will use existing multidisciplinary rounds or how you will implement new multidisciplinary rounds that include discharge planning as a discussion point.
- Which template you will use to create the Patient Care Plan; which IT staff members will be involved; where the plan template will be stored; and how the DA will access, save, and store the patient's unique final care plan.