This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Project RED: Module 3: The Re-Designed Discharge Process: Patient Admission and Care and Treatment Education: Slide 16
Provides a four-module training program to help hospitals implement Project RED.
Patient Care Plan Sections
- Date of discharge
- Name and contact information for physician and DA
- How to reach physician and when to seek emergency care
- Pending tests and results
- Follow-up appointments
- Other orders (diet, activity, etc.)
- Information about disease or condition
- Form for writing down questions
- Map for locating appointments (optional)
- Other information about your center (optional)
The Patient Care Plan should include all of the sections listed in this slide. As the patient is preparing to leave the hospital, the DA should review this information with the patient, using the teach-back techniques addressed in this module.
Page last reviewed August 2011
Internet Citation: Slide 16: Project RED: Module 3: The Re-Designed Discharge Process: Patient Admission and Care and Treatment Education: Slide 16.
August 2011. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://archive.ahrq.gov/professionals/systems/hospital/red/module3/slide16.html