Project RED: Module 3: The Re-Designed Discharge Process: Patient Admission and Care and Treatment Education: Slide 3
Accomplishments to Date (Module 2)
- Project metrics identified and planned
- Patient inclusion criteria defined
- Process for identifying patients and notifying Discharge Advocate (DA) defined
- Multidisciplinary involvement and communication plan determined
- Patient Care Plan process finalized (what data to include and how to gather it)
After completing Module 2, you worked your way through these activities, including selecting the metrics you will use to assess the impact of the re-engineered discharge program. It is also necessary to determine who will collect the metrics and how they will be collected. You confirmed your patient inclusion criteria, including how frontline staff identify candidate patients and notify the DA of the new admission.
You conducted a careful review of multidisciplinary communication related to discharge plans and define a strategy for enhancing it as necessary. You finalized the Patient Care Plan template and the process for how the DA will access and use it.