This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Project RED: Module 4: Re-Engineering Patient Discharge: The Hospital
Provides a four-module training program to help hospitals implement Project RED.
Module 4 Outline
- Creating the ideal process map.
- Brainstorming improvements.
- Testing improvements.
- Creating the final deployment plan.
- Developing the monitoring plan.
- Planning the team celebration.
The list of tasks on this slide all address a future state for:
- What the ideal discharge process might look like.
- How you can eliminate medication errors and subsequent readmissions.
- How you will create a pilot test and build a comprehensive deployment plan.
- How you will sustain your gains through a monitoring plan.
- How you will plan your celebration.
Page last reviewed August 2011
Internet Citation: Slide 6: Project RED: Module 4: Re-Engineering Patient Discharge: The Hospital .
August 2011. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://archive.ahrq.gov/professionals/systems/hospital/red/module4/slide6.html