Project RED: Re-Engineered Discharge (Staff Training)
- Improve patient outcomes and satisfaction
- Improve cost and revenue management
- Improve patient satisfaction scores
- Prepare for changes to CMS reimbursement penalties for high readmission rates
- Improve nurse and provider time utilization
- Enhance portability of personal health information across care continuum
- Improve relationship with PCPs
"So let's remind ourselves about what the strategic priorities for health care organizations are right now and how this project may align with our own strategic priorities and organizational processes for reporting outcomes. While your initial impression is that this project may create additional work, in actuality the project aligns with patient needs first and then the strategic needs of the organization and multiple care providers across the continuum. We hope that the discharge process will become more streamlined, less duplicative, better coordinated, more effective, and more efficient as a result of this project. This will reduce needless work while improving the quality and efficiency of the work that is done related to discharge planning."
Note: You may want to customize this slide or add one that shows your organization's priorities.