Project RED: Re-Engineered Discharge (Staff Training)
Re-Engineered Discharge Principles
- Comprehensive written discharge plan provided to patient prior to discharge.
- Discharge information in patient's language and literacy level.
- Reinforcement of plan with patient after discharge.
- Availability of case management staff outside of limited daytime hours.
- Continuous quality improvement of discharge processes.
"Before the patient leaves the hospital, he or she receives the Patient Care Plan, which is a complete self-care plan in the patient's language in terms the patient understands. Case management support is available beyond daytime hours from Monday through Friday to assist with a well-planned discharge. A few days after the patient is discharged, a member of the health care team reinforces the Patient Care Plan with a phone call. Ultimately, the discharge process is continuously improved and monitored for quality outcomes."