Project RED: Re-Engineered Discharge (Staff Training)
- Verifies physician orders.
- Reconciles admission medications with medications from home.
- Collaborates with care team specific to discharge needs.
- Reconciles medications upon discharge.
- Assists with patient medication questions.
"The pharmacist's role in Project RED includes traditional responsibilities as well as collaborating with the medical team and teaching patients. For example, the pharmacist may participate in post-discharge phone calls with the patient and family if questions pertaining to the medication schedule are identified. Traditional methods of collecting data on medication reconciliation will be maintained within the hospital and pharmacy system. A pharmacy representative should also serve on the project team."