Project RED: Re-Engineered Discharge (Staff Training)
Patient Care Plan
- Date of discharge
- Name and contact information for physician and DA
- Pending tests and results
- Follow-up appointments
- Other orders (diet, activity, etc.)
- Information about disease or condition
- When to call physician or seek emergency care
- Form for writing down questions
- Map for locating appointments (optional)
- Other information about your center (optional)
"The second essential structure of the RED intervention is the Patient Care Plan. The DA uses the Patient Care Plan to teach the patient at discharge and gives a copy of the completed plan to the patient or family to take home. It should not be confused with the care plan that the nursing staff uses to provide daily care while the patient is hospitalized.
This slide lists the Patient Care Plan's sections."