Project RED: Re-Engineered Discharge (Staff Training)
- Discusses best days of week and times of day with patient
- Discusses transportation needs
- Calls clinicians' offices to make appointments that meet patient's time options
- For off-hour or weekend discharges, leaves message with clinician's office to call patient
- Adds appointments to Patient Care Plan
"The DA talks with the patient about the best days and times for follow-up appointments and discusses the patient�s access to transportation. The DA uses this information to schedule follow-up appointments at convenient times to increase the likelihood that the patient will keep the appointments. The DA lists all appointments in the Patient Care Plan and points out the appointments during the final teaching session with the patient."