This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
The 2006 National Healthcare Disparities Report (NHDR) tracks disparities in both quality of and access to health care in the United States for both the general population and for AHRQ's congressionally designated priority populations.
The 2006 NHDR uses the same measures of quality as its companion National Healthcare Quality Report (NHQR) to
monitor the Nation's annual progress toward eliminating disparities in health
care. Racial/ethnic group comparison focus on 22 core measures of quality and 6 core measures of access that support reliable estimates for Whites, Blacks, Asians, American Indians/Alaska Natives, and Hispanics; income group comparisons highlight 17 core quality measures and 6 core access measures.
The report presents, in chart format, the latest available findings on quality of and access to health care in the general U.S. population and among priority populations. It focuses on four components of quality—effectiveness, patient safety, timeliness, and patient centeredness—and two components of access—facilitators and barriers to health care and health care utilization.
The 2006 NHDR includes a report and four online appendixes:
- Highlights from NHDR Full Report (PDF File, 640 KB; PDF Help).
- NHDR Full Report (PDF Files: Full Report, 8.6 MB; Errata, 22 KB; Front Matter, 1.8 MB; Chapter 1, .5 MB; Chapter 2, 2.7 MB; Chapter 3, 1 MB; Chapter 4, 3 MB). PDF Help.
- Appendix A, Data Sources—Information on all databases analyzed in the report.
- Appendix B, Detailed Methods—Methods for selected databases.
- Appendix C, Measure Specifications—Information on how to generate each measure.
- Appendix D, Data Tables—Detailed tables for most measures analyzed in the report. (A few measures cannot support detailed tables and are not included here.)
- NHQRDRnet—Online Data Query System.
Current as of June 2007