This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
- Improve consistency in quality performance on key clinical indicators
- Enhance the patient experience
- Increase value and decrease risk in Genesis as noted in PGVA
- Evidence-based clinical practice is not embedded in many of the order sets.
- The workflow pattern has not changed much. For example even though a Stat Order is now instantly processed, it does not mean that the nurse sees it any earlier to do anything about it.
- We still have MO specific formularies. This means we have different ways of approaching even the highest risk drugs.
- We will embed evidence into workflow, order sets, rules, etc.
- Workflow will be optimized by embedding evidence—enhancing the overall clinical experience and care outcomes.
- Communication and efficiency improvements between all care providers and patients.
- Medication cycle and formulary will reflect evidence based use.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide