This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Example technology #1 Digital Pen
- Digital Pen
- Thin and light device that writes like an ordinary pen
- Includes camera that records pen strokes in pen memory that stores up to 200 pages
- Records position and time 75 times a second; camera records pen strokes in pen memory
- Used with digitized form, digital pen reads unique pattern of dots to interpret the data
- Docking Station
- Battery charging
- Uploading data from memory to database via Internet
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide