This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Use Human Factors Engineering Design Thinking (modified from Sanders and McCormick 1993)
- Technologies need to be designed for and to work with people
- Systems must be designed to accommodate the range of users
- How systems are designed will influence human behavior and therefore system performance
- Design needs to be evidence-based, not "common sense" or designer driven
- All design must take into account the system of use
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide