This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
- Selected 8 units / 4 diverse organizations / 700 RNs
- Stable staff, motivated to be part of study, no other major changes occurring, willingness to mandate use of HANDS by all personnel
- 4 organizations
- 1 university, 2 community (part of multi-hospital systems), 1 small community
- 8 units - 4 Y1 (24 mo) and 4 Y2 (12 months)
- Med-surg (2), neuro, thoracic, medical ICU, progressive care, older adult/stroke, acute care elderly
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide