This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
- INFORM study
- Clinic-randomized trial to evaluate impact of computerized clinic order entry tool on clinical practice and office efficiency
- Features of computerized clinic order entry tool
- Web-based writing of outpatient orders, including prescriptions, immunizations, laboratory tests, X-ray studies, and work notes.
- Accessible via any type of computer.
- Electronic transmission of orders to pharmacies and other vendors or to local printers
- Common access to records across providers who share patients while maintaining strict levels of confidentiality.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide