This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Some Observations For The Weary
(Or Soon To Be Weary)
- There is no secret sauce, silver bullet, cookie cutter, or shortcut—each market is different
- Who's got the market power? Physicians, hospitals, or insurers
- If you don't have the CEO, you don't have the organization
- The vision will get you going, but it won't keep you going
- It takes business people to create businesses
- Businesses are mercenary
- Most physician offices are businesses—they're just not very good ones
- What you're trying to sell is only as valuable as someone is willing to pay for it
- Everything has competition
- No one will pay to be a guinea pig
- Those with "deep pockets" despise being approached just because they "deep pockets"
- Assume that a grant is a gift that will keep on costing
Previous Slide Contents