This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
- Challenge: Variation in Methods of Implementing 4 A's
- Need for consensus on standards for authentication, authorization, access controls and information audits to reduce mistrust between entities
- Solution: 4 states are working on issues related to the 4A's
- Defining minimum standards for authentication acceptable to individuals or entities participating in an HIE
- Defining P&S requirements for providers' role-based access and authentication
- Developing "solutions building block" i.e., trusted digital identities for authentication, authorization, access control, data integrity, and digital signatures
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide