This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
PBRNs and Getting Real
Quality Improvement vs Research
Research is about
- establishing/following protocols, assessing outcomes
- Enrolling the 'right' type and number of patients
- Having a bounded data collection period
- Securing funds to pay for research and sometimes the intervention
- Maintaining fidelity—implementing the intervention according to an established protocol
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide