This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
The Role of Clinical Preventive Services in Disease Prevention and Early Detection
- The importance of preventing chronic disease
- General information on the value of prevention
- Employer Action
- Offer a structured set of clinical preventive service benefits.
- Inform employees, dependents, and retirees about the availability of preventive benefits and promote consistent and appropriate use.
- Implement programs that promote healthy lifestyles and provide opportunities for employees to engage in disease prevention and health promotion outside of the clinical setting.
- Support community-based and worksite-based preventive service interventions.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide