This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Improving Diabetes Care in Communities (continued)
- Maximize ROI from local teamwork effort
- Drive improvements in care with evidence-based guidelines
- Dr. Rod Hayward, U of M, on team suggests improved blood pressure care for diabetics reduces risk for heart disease.
- Dr. Jerry Yee, HFHS, Leads team and drafts algorithm
- Dr. David Atkins, AHRQ, corroborates strategy and collaborates on algorithm development and communication plan
- Dr. Mark Sawka, Oakland Southfield Physicians Group, leads test of algorithm with primary care physicians
- Jack Slingerland and Paul Miner, Novartis, support independent evaluation of test with data collected and compiled by MPRO, Michigan QIO
- Expected result: better care coordination between primary care physicians and specialists
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide