This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Healthy Families Project
- 4 community practices in rural New Hampshire with Pediatric and Family Medicine health providers (population 2,000 to 15,000)
- 1585 parents at well visits of their children ages 4 to 10 years have completed pre-visit screening utilizing a hand held computer (PDA)
- Clinicians training to use brief motivational interviewing techniques and provided via the PDA:
- 1) child's BMI and BMI Percentile
- 2) obesity related health risks,
- 3) each parent's motivation to change for nutrition and activity,
- 4) counseling prompts for motivational interviewing
- Enrollment of parents of children with obesity risks and BMI >85% is completed and now collecting follow up data on the cohort at 6 months after enrollment
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide