This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Results and Lessons Learned
- Selected Outcomes
- 2006: Impact of diabetes screening reminders for non-adherent members—after 90 days 44% members had at least one test done after the reminder; 23% had all three tests (HbA1c, LDL-C, microalbumin test).
- 2004: Impact of in-office education regarding diabetes disparities and importance of screening—HEDIS® 2005 did not show improvement in LDL testing rates in Medicare Advantage HMO pilot PCP practice sites who received education.
- Selected Lessons Learned
- Engagement of senior management is critical.
- Collaborate, collaborate! Internal and external.
- Network physicians supportive of our efforts.
- Lag time: data analysis, use of data.
- Dedicated resources is critical.
- Limited evidence to guide efforts.
Previous Slide Contents Next Slide