This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Request for Proposals
Solicitation No. AHRQ-06-00002 (Full and Open Competition).
Proposals Due: July 25, 2006, 12 Noon (Local Time).
Contracting Office: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Contracts Management, 540 Gaither Road, Rockville, MD 20850; Mary Haines, Contracting Officer.
The presolicitation synopsis for this requirement was published in the FedBizOpps (www.fedbizopps.gov) on May 5, 2006, under the title, "Innovations Clearinghouse." The solicitation issue date is May 22, 2006.
The RFP is available for download (select for Downloading Information) and at the Federal Business Opportunities Web site: www.fedbizopps.gov. It is the offeror's responsibility to monitor the Web sites where the RFP will be posted to learn about any amendments to the solicitation. It is anticipated one amendment with responses to questions will be posted by June 16, 2006.
A cost reimbursement, performance-based contract is contemplated for a period of three years with one two-year option. This is a new AHRQ requirement.
The goal of the Innovations Clearinghouse is to be a national repository of health system and health practice innovations, associated tools, and lessons learned, promoting change and further innovations and tool development in the health care system for the purpose of improving health care quality and reducing health care disparities for all Americans.
The contract objectives are to:
- Maintain AHRQ's QualityTools database, and establish relationships between tools in QualityTools and innovative practices detailed in the Innovations Clearinghouse while maintaining relationships with other databases (such as that between tools in QualityTools and guidelines in AHRQ's National Guideline Clearinghouse™).
- Stimulate, perhaps generate, and collect a comprehensive accumulation of innovations and lessons learned.
- Establish a project expert panel that will provide feedback and guidance, and to establish an editorial board with capacity to review submissions and write expert commentary critiquing innovation successes and failures, offering insights and addressing the nuances of innovation, implementation, and change.
- Design the Innovations Clearinghouse incorporating feedback provided on the existing QualityTools Web site, and develop, test, deploy, maintain, and evaluate this national Web-based repository of health care system and practice innovations, change initiatives, change packages, and associated tools and lessons learned; import QualityTools' Web crawler feature with a redesigned interface to assist users in finding relevant innovations, change initiatives, packages and tools at specific, complementary Web sites for 'one stop' searching (or suggest an alternative Web crawler accompanied by rationale).
- Emphasize innovations targeting public health priority diseases/conditions, priority populations, and efforts to reduce disparities in quality.
- Provide appropriate and timely technical assistance to users.
- Provide dynamic opportunities for learning and networking among the users of the Web site.
Shift-click from this Web page: Your browser may support downloading the RFP and reference documents from this Web page. To download them from this Web page, click on the following links with the right mouse button and select "Save Link As" (Firefox™, Netscape®) or "Save Target As" (Internet Explorer®):
- Innovations Clearinghouse: Request for Proposals (Word® File, 1.6 MB).
- Amendment 1: Questions & Answers, Interested Offerors, and Page Change (Word® File, 140 KB; PDF File, 40 KB). PDF Help.
- Amendment 2: Quality Tools Files, Performance Requirements Summary, Changes/Revisions to Scope of Work (Word® File, 80 KB; PDF File, 30 KB). PDF Help.
- Exhibit 1: Performance Requirements Summary (Word® File, 170 KB).
- Quality Tools Web site System Design Document, Version 1.0 (Word® File, 300 KB).
- Web Crawl Module System Design Document, Version 1.0 (Word® File, 1.1 MB).
Files related to the RFP can be accessed with free viewers if proprietary software is not available.
Top of Page
Current as of July 2006