AHRQ Annual Conference Focuses on Innovation and Collaboration in Health Care
What: 2011 AHRQ Annual Conference.
The 2011 conference will focus on today's challenges in improving health care quality, access, and value and the ways in which innovation and collaboration—inside and outside of health care—can lead to a more sustainable, patient-centered health care system. For complete conference information, visit http://ahrq.capconcorp.com/ahrq/Default.asp. Reporters may register on site.
When: Sunday, September 18, through Wednesday, September 21, 2011.
Where: Bethesda North Marriott Hotel and Conference Center, 5701 Marinelli Road, Bethesda, MD.
Monday, September 19, 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Plenary Session—Leading Through Innovation and Collaboration: Addressing Health Care Disparities, Access, and Quality of Care
- Carolyn M. Clancy, M.D., Director, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ).
- Gary R. Gunderson, D. Min., Senior Vice President for Faith and Health Division, Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare.
- Rhonda M. Johnson, M.D., Medical Director, Health Equity and Quality Services, Highmark, Inc.
- Herbert C. Smitherman, Jr., M.D., Assistant Dean, Community and Urban Health, Wayne State University School of Medicine/Detroit Medical Center.
- Susan Vega, Manager, Senior Programs, Alivio Medical Center.
Tuesday, September 20, 8:00 a.m. - 9:30 a.m.
Plenary Session—Leading Through Innovation and Collaboration: The View Ahead, Addressing Health Disparities in Achieving High-Quality, Affordable Care
- Molly Joel Coye, M.D., Chief Innovation Officer, University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) Health System.
- Arnold Milstein, M.D., Professor and Director, Stanford Clinical Excellence Research Center.
- Peter J. Pronovost, M.D., Ph.D., Senior Vice President for Patient Safety and Quality, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
The plenary sessions will be Webcast. To register, go to: http://ahrq.capconcorp.com/ahrq/Webcast.asp.
For more information, please contact AHRQ Public Affairs: (301) 427-1492 or (301) 908-9760 (during conference).
Use Twitter to get AHRQ news updates: http://www.twitter.com/ahrqnews/.