Slide 4. Why AHRQ Wanted to be Engaged in CHIPRA Quality
AHRQ NAC Subcommittee on Children's Healthcare Quality Measures for Medicaid and CHIP Programs
- Quality is in our name and mission.
- Children are a priority population for AHRQ.
- Quality Measurement Expertise:
- Consumer Assessment of Health Providers and Systems (CAHPS®)
- Healthcare Cost and Utilization Project (HCUP) Quality Indicators
- Medical Expenditure Panel Survey (MEPS) Quality Measures
- Annual reports
- Child Health Insurance Research Initiative (CHIRI™)
- Quality Improvement Expertise:
- Health information technology (Health IT) portfolio
- Patient safety portfolio
- Prevention/care management portfolio
- Value portfolio
- Innovations in research and evaluation methods
- Link from Comparative Effectiveness Research to Quality.