Slide 10. Scope for Core Measurement Set
Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP) Progress Report to the AHRQ National Advisory Council
- Must be realistic about staffing/funding needs for pulling/analyzing/reporting available data.
- Comprehensive effort to find good measures for all service categories, duration of enrollment, and other aspects of care required by the legislation; however, if no good measures currently exist for a given aspect of care, a measure will not be recommended for the core set.
- Include measures not currently used by Medicaid/CHIP:
- e.g. State and national measurement efforts.
- Choose measures that are actionable:
- There should be clear steps a State can take to improve on performance—the measure should inform what these steps need to be.