This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Medical Office Survey on Patient Safety Culture 2012
Chapter 4. Characteristics of Respondents
This chapter describes respondents within the participating medical offices. In this chapter, respondents from medical offices that omitted one of these questions, or those who did not respond, are shown as missing in the tables and are excluded from total percentages.
- The top three staff positions of respondents were:
- Administrative or clerical staff (28 percent).
- Other clinical staff or clinical support staff (24 percent).
- Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (18 percent).
- Nearly two-thirds (63 percent) had worked at their medical office for at least 3 years.
- Most respondents (57 percent)worked between 33 and 40 hours per week.
More than one-quarter (28 percent) of respondents selected "Administrative or clerical staff" as their staff position, followed by "Other clinical staff or clinical support staff" (24 percent), and "Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)" (18 percent) (Table 4-1).
Return to Contents
Tables 4-2 and 4-3 show the distribution of medical offices by tenure and hours worked per week.
Return to Contents
Proceed to Next Section
Page last reviewed October 2014
Page originally created September 2012
Internet Citation: Chapter 4. Characteristics of Respondents. Content last reviewed October 2014. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. https://archive.ahrq.gov/professionals/quality-patient-safety/patientsafetyculture/medical-office/2012/mosurv12chap4.html