Slide 1. Putting Prevention into Practice
Putting Prevention into Practice (Long Form)
Using the United States Preventive Services Task Force Recommendations
Definition of USPSTF
Help faculty to integrate prevention education
- Healthcare providers, students and physicians can be overwhelmed with information.
- When providing care one must have a well defined objective(s).
- End result is a tool with recognizable utility to patient and practice.
- Recommend how to implement the process.
- Exercise to demonstrate simplicity.
- Audience to download ePSS prior to presentation.
- Succinct presentation (30 minutes).
- Demonstrate utility.
- Practical exercise.
- Request feedback
- After presentation.
- After use during rotations.
- 3d year medical students.
- Practitioners concerns
- Simple process (nurse during screening prints form from ePSS)
- Concise presentations to capture specific topics with exercises to point out utility
- Part of the bigger wellness program
Page originally created September 2012
The information on this page is archived and provided for reference purposes only.