Slide 39. Using the ePSS in a clinical setting-an example: (continued)
Using the ePSS in a clinical setting—an example:
- Designated member of the health care team reviews in greater detail
- Further counseling is provided by a member of the clinic staff.
- Printed instructions should be provided to the patient for further reference and explanation of the healthcare team recommendations.
- The VA Model is a working example similar to what was just described.
- A member of the healthcare team completes an in-depth screening using the VA electronic medical records system. The patient answers are documented for the healthcare provider's review.
- The healthcare provider reviews the patient responses and addresses the health risks with the patient, recommending lifestyle modification and/or treatment.
- When appropriate the patient returns to the nurse for further discussion and counseling. Referral is made as indicated to a specialist.
Page originally created September 2012
The information on this page is archived and provided for reference purposes only.