Figure 2. The status of the research scorecard related to reduce staff stress/fatigue (Text Description)
What Role Might Funders of Health Services Research Play?
Figure 2 is a table-style graphic summarizing the current strength of evidence-based research related to factors that influence the effectiveness, performance, and satisfaction levels of hospital staff. The strength of research in each of the 7 areas is ranked from 1 star (little research has been conducted) to 5 stars (a great deal of research has been conducted):
- Reduce noise stress—four stars
- Improve medication processing and delivery times—three stars
- Improve workplace, job satisfaction—two stars
- Reduce turnover—one star
- Reduce fatigue—two stars
- Work effectiveness; patient care time per shift—three stars
- Improve satisfaction—four stars
Source: The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation ©2004.