This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Project RED: Module 1: Preparing to Redesign Your Discharge Program
Provides a four-module training program to help hospitals implement Project RED.
Module 1: Summary Expected Outcomes
- Align your strategic priorities.
- Develop an infrastructure that will promote communication, understanding of team progress, and documentation of the patient care plan.
- Review roles of executive sponsor, project team leader, DA, physician champion and pharmacist in the redesigned discharge process.
- Develop a systematic performance improvement process that will facilitate knowledge transfer and sustainable change.
- Embed Project RED key principles, including application of the Discharge Care Plan, communication with PCPs and implementing post DC phone calls.
You have now finished the content for Module 1. Expected outcomes for Module 1 are noted on this slide.
Page last reviewed August 2011
Internet Citation: Slide 57: Project RED: Module 1: Preparing to Redesign Your Discharge Program.
August 2011. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://archive.ahrq.gov/professionals/systems/hospital/red/module1/slide57.html