Project RED: Module 2: The Re-Designed Discharge Process: Patient Admission and Care
Answer the Following Questions as a Team
- What metrics do the project team want to use to assess the impact of the re-engineered discharge process?
- If you decide to collect the process measure associated with time-related activities, how will that happen?
- Will you use the patient phone survey? How?
- Will you use the frontline staff survey? How?
- Will you use the PCP survey? How?
- Will you measure the completeness of the Patient Care Plan?
- Who will be responsible for overseeing the measurement activities?
As a project team, take a moment to discuss your measurement plans in detail. It is important to discuss this as we review the DA's role and concurrent data collection when the patient is admitted and then discharged.