Project RED: Module 4: Re-Engineering Patient Discharge: The Hospital
Accomplishments to Date (Module 3)
- Processes to finalize Patient Care Plan after discharge order is written in place.
- Teach-back methods outlined.
- Quality and performance improvement (PI) staff understand project measurement requirements and are prepared to gather data.
- Process for transmitting discharge summary and Patient Care Plan to primary care physician finalized.
- Plans for teaching frontline staff finalized.
After completing Module 3, you finalized the processes for completing the Patient Care Plan after the discharge order is written. You considered teach-back methods to assess your patient's understanding of information taught at discharge. You selected project metrics and determined how you would gather and analyze data. You established a process for reaching the primary care physician after the patient leaves the hospital. Lastly, you finalized your plan for orienting frontline staff who will be involved in Project RED activities.