13. Common Process Breakdowns Resulting in Potentially Avoidable Readm
Reducing Avoidable Hospital Readmissions
Common Process Breakdowns Resulting in Potentially Avoidable Readmissions (continued)
- Poor transfer of information to patient:
- Poor patient understanding of how to use medications after hospital discharge.
- Patient doesn't understand warning signs that warrant an emergency call to their physician.
- Poor transfer of information to ambulatory caregivers:
- Hospital to nursing home staff.
- Hospital to primary care physician.
- Lack of clarity on end of life care preferences.