16. Reported Diagnosis-specific Reasons for Avoidable Readmissions (co
Reducing Avoidable Hospital Readmissions
Reported Diagnosis-specific Reasons for Avoidable Readmissions
- Post-surgical Patients—
- Surgeons not arranging for post-surgical primary care.
- Inadequate teaching of the patient in caring for their body after surgery:
- Incision care
- Post-CABG [coronary artery bypass graft] patients, expecting to be pain free, seek readmission for angina.
- Dialysis Patients—
- A population that is very vulnerable to drug therapy changes during hospitalization.