Project RED: Re-Engineered Discharge (Staff Training)
- Coordinates all discharge activities within patient population
- Facilitates team activities and discharge planning rounds with primary doctor
- Collects discharge-focused data
- Ensures Patient Care Plan is completed and patient understands the information and can comply with the instructions in the plan
Note: You may want to put your DA's name on this slide.
“The DA's role is a key component of Project RED. It does not need to be a full-time job while we learn the process and pilot the intervention. Because of the activities and role responsibilities, a nurse or clinician should fill the DA role.
A DA should have the following characteristics:
- Clinical competence to understand the patient's condition and interact with the health care team.
- Confidence and assertiveness to speak with medical staff and manage the teach-back process with patients.
- Credibility and exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to connect with patients and coordinate with members of the health care team.”