This information is for reference purposes only. It was current when produced and may now be outdated. Archive material is no longer maintained, and some links may not work. Persons with disabilities having difficulty accessing this information should contact us at: https://info.ahrq.gov. Let us know the nature of the problem, the Web address of what you want, and your contact information.
Please go to www.ahrq.gov for current information.
Project RED: Re-Engineered Discharge (Staff Training)
Provides a four-module training program to help hospitals implement Project RED.
Outcome Metrics for Target Population
- Average length of stay (LOS)
- 30-day unplanned readmission rate.
- Cost of second LOS (readmission).
- Pre/post data: Patient experience related to discharge preparation.
- Pre/post data: Frontline staff survey related to discharge preparation.
- Project costs
- Discharge process costs (current and redesigned)
Note: Edit the slides to include only the metrics you intend to use.
Page last reviewed August 2011
Internet Citation: Slide 48: Project RED: Re-Engineered Discharge (Staff Training).
August 2011. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD. http://archive.ahrq.gov/professionals/systems/hospital/red/staff-training/slide48.html